Friday, May 27, 2005

Chocolate Chip Cookies!!

Ok so I'm baking cookies while I am supposed to be studying - yup that means that I am definitely studying very hard. So my Statistics midterm is on Tuesday and I basically have today till 5pm and Sunday to study, since I'm working all of the other days. For those of you who don't know yet, I'm working at Canadian Tire full time now as a cashier, and I'm actually starting to like it more now than I did at the beginning - maybe I'm just starting to know some things and not just have to ask questions all the time!

But yeah, today I went to the dentist - I actually like going to my dentist because I always get the same dental hygenist - for like three years in a row now - and we always talk about life and stuff...yeah and plus I get to have fluoride in my mouth, which is very exciting now that I know what it does! Apparantely in my microbiology class I learned that fluoride treatments change the ph of the enamel on your teeth so that the bacteria that cause cavities are not able to stick to your teeth so easily and then it's harder for them to cause cavities...which they do by secreting lactic acid (or some sort of acid!) onto your teeth! Anyway, that's enough microbiology for one day, maybe tomorrow I'll think of something else that I learned throughout this year at school.

Ok so my beeper is going for my cookies now, so I should go and do something about that...but I sure am learning that life is a lot about my attitude and what I make of the circumstances that I find myself in. I always keep thinking of Paul in the Bible and how he had learned the secret of being content in every circumstance, and how he didn't let his outside circumstances determine or change who he was inside because he was stable and content in who God had made him to be...yeah so even when I'm at work and not really enjoying it sometimes I am learning that if I choose to see past my circumstances and focus on Jesus or just on loving people and actually start thanking God for what I have in my life instead of complaining about it in my head, then my day is so much better! But yeah, still working on that one, not always the easiest thing to do, that's for sure! All righteo those cookies of mine need to come out of that oven now...oh so good, chocolate chips!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA HA HA SO YOU DO COMPLAIN? BUT JUST IN YOUR HEAD. I WAS WONDERING ABOUT THAT FOR LIKE 2 YEARS. SHE NEVER COMPLIANS ALLWAYS BEING GOOD, BUT MISBEHAVING IN YOUR HEAD. BAD LITTEL GIRL.
THE BATTEL FIELD IS IN YOUR MIND. FIRST ITS A THOUGHT THEN IT'S A WORD SPOKEN AND THEN ITS AN ACTION.

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm cookies :):):):)
can i have one?? or two??
i love your cookies :)
have you made any thing else? like eatmore perhaps :):):):)

ttyl

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

andrea, which one are you? rae, you make great food...hey, do you want to come to winnipeg with me,jen and lori this weekend? oh, and come to my house on friday at 9, i'm having a fire and a few people over :)

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SCREAMING THE SOUND OR WORD
"TURTLE FOOD CLEAN NOT BAD,REALLY GOOD"
HELLO THIS THE QUEEN OF ANDERA'S PARK.
IF I HAVE MADE YOU SAID "WHAT?" IN YOU HEAD, MY MISSION IS COMPLETE.
HA HA HA HA CAN I COME TO? I LIKE FIRES. PIZZA ME LIKE LONG TIME.
HI ANDREA, HOWS LIFE OUT WEST? I THINK THAT'S YOU

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes this is andrea in calgary (for now)
yes NOT CHRIS SOMEONE ELSE you did make me say what in my head so your mission is complete for now :)
hey marcia how are you doing???
hey rach what's up??

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm good andrea!!! how're you?? busy, i bet!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rae! Thanks so much for talking to me the last time I was in Winkler! I really miss talking to you. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate you and I love you. Hee hee, do you remember when we reversed our nicknames in jr. high? I was Gem and you were Ear. Ha ha! Love you Rae!

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home