Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Onions!

All righteo, so tonight our homegroup went to Union Gospel Mission to help serve the meal and to chop up all of these onions and fruit, actually chopping up food is quite fun, especially if you have people to sing with you while you're doing it! So I have been inspired by Marcia to start writing in my blog a little bit more often, guess I've been doing other things lately...like walking in my park!

So here's the story about my park...two days ago I went walking and found out that it was slightly flooded, which ended up in my shoes getting really wet! Then yesterday I was smart and wore my rubber boots which decided to give me blisters - I guess they weren't made to be worn for long periods of time! And so I got to splash through puddles and squish through the mud - oh it sure made me laugh out loud so many times! Yup, my chipmunks are back - they were really playing tag a lot today, and chattering at me of course, scolding me just in case I might even think of stealing their peanuts!

But anyway, thank you so much Jesus for this amazing weather, you are so good...I was just reminded of this quote from Blessed Child by Bill Bright and Ted Dekker:

"The greatest differency between present-day Christianity, and that of which we read in these letters (of the New Testament), is that to us it is primarily a performance; to them it was real experience. We are apt to reduce the Christian religion to a code or, at best, a rule of heart and life. Perhaps if we believed what they believed, we could achieve what they achieved." (Actually that quote was by JB Phillips in his introduction to his New Testament translation).

Hmm, that has definitely been true of me, I sometimes read the stories of the miracles that Jesus and his disciples did while viewing them only as stories, the meaning of what they are actually doing doesn't always sink into my heart...but I want to much more than a religious code, rules for life, I want to believe what they believed - wow, they actually saw Jesus and heard him speak, but I have his words right here in front of me and His Spirit inside of me:

John 14:12 says "The truth is, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father."

So yeah, to remember that a changed heart is just as much of a miracle as seeing someone healed of a physical disease or ailment...Jesus would you teach me about what it really means to believe in you, to let you outside of the box that contains my present understanding of you - I want so much more, have your way in me...whatever that means (yikes that's a scary prayer)!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't think my last comment posted, so i'm going to repeat myself! rae, YOU inspire me! i was having the same thoughts this morning as i read matthew, amen! cutting up food yesterday was fun, wasnt' it? excpet hte onion crying-ness...i thought of you today when i was reading 'anne of windy poplars'. here's the quote: "Chipmunks are such darling things, aren't they?" :)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

i love the book 'blessed child'! In fact I love every book I've ever read by ted dekker!! marce told me fun stories about your Union Gospel mission thing! sounds fun! yeah...i love your stories rae!

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so ya, me to. I had a lot of fun at the Union Gospel mission thing to. I liked the part when...umm, when you said......ummmm, you know when that thing you did that was kind of funny, ya know eh?
"chipmunks" so totally awesomelly funnlly stupid cute. ya so rach "WAS I THERE"? ha ha ha. I don't have a lot to say but I can always be a bone head. so that a way of showing you I read your blog thingy or what ever.
but that bible verse was crazy awesome, you know the one in John that you gave. I got goose bumbs and said to my self "crap that awesome"!!!!!!!!!!!

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've exhausted my deciphering skills and i give up. rachealypoop, who are you?

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHO AM I? YOU ASK
I AM RACHEALY POOP YOUR FRIEND, YOU KNOW THE REAL RACHAEL. I WAS JUST JOKING WHEN I SAID IT WAS SOME ONE ELES, ITS REALLY ME RACHAEL.

OR IS IT POOP HEAD FART?
I AM A CRAZY BOY OR LITTLE GIRL

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO I GUESS REACHAEL DIE THAT WHY NOTHING NEW IS HERE YET

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, i guess that's it. rae must have gone on to heaven!! KIDDING! rae, i love you, and we'll hang out once school slows down for you! rachealypoop, what are you up to this summer?

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO MARCIA, ARE YOU TALKING TO THE REAL RCHAEL OR THE FAKE? BECAUSE THE FAKE ONE IS IN THUNDER BAY AND IS COME TO WINNIPEG SOON. AND IF YOUR TALKING TO THE REAL RACHAEL, YES THIS IS THE REAL RACHAEL NOT THE FAKE ONE. AND I'M JUST WOKING IN WINNKLER M.B FOR THE SUMMER.
HA HA HA I HAVE A PERSONALITY DISORDER, DISABILITY, TWO FACED, THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T THINK IS REALLY ME (THE REAL RACHAEL)
I WORK AT CAN.TIRE I'M A BOY NOW, WELL JUST FOR THE DAY

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home