Saturday, March 26, 2005

Easter buns!

Ok so today my dad was being really creative and found out a way to make easter buns into bizmarks - you know, those donuts with pudding in the middle. Originally I was going to cut open the easter bun and put lemon pudding in the middle and then put the top half back on (with icing on the top half, of course!) and then my dad comes up with this brillian idea of making a hole in the bun and then putting pudding in that way - oh it was so good! Yup he sure is creative, he used to make us these amazing birthday cakes when we were younger, I remember once my brother got a cake with snowmobiles on it (the snowmobiles were all made out of cake)! And then there was the time when he decided to surprise someone at work - so he made a birthday cake to look like a pool, except that there was actually a water balloon under all that yummy looking icing, and when his co-worker cut into the cake - oh wow, look at the spray of water! I think he was chased around the store with the cake knife after that!

Anyway, good Easter times, yesterday during church I was reminded of the fact that Jesus never asked us to understand all the pain He went through, but to remember His death and all that He has done for us. I had never really thought of that before, usually I would just try to imagine the pain and try to understand it - even though there is no way my human mind could possible understand what He went through when the Father turned his back on him. But to remember, yes Jesus, I will remember you and all that you have done for me. Thank you so much for your gift of life and for freedom, please help me to live in what you have already purchased for me, and to not go back to who I was and how I lived before I met you...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would love to try making easter buns with yummy filling! sounds good. can't wait for house group on wednesday....!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home