Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Racing a chipmunk!

So I was reading John 9 today, where it talks about the blind man whom Jesus healed my putting mud on his eyes and telling him to go and wash in the pool of Siloam - which I found out means 'Sent.' Anyway, in verse 3 it ways that this man was born blind so that the power of God could be seen in him. I thought that was so neat, since often I would look at blindness and see it as something bad, usually not even thinking of this as something that could bring glory to God. So he gets healed and then the Pharisees ask him over and over again how he got healed, they just couldn't believe that Jesus had the power to do this, mostly that He is the Messiah.

So they end up throwing the now healed man out of the synagogue because he claims that Jesus must be the Son of God in order to be able to heal. I was just amazed at this man, the boldness he displayed in his life all because he had become convinced of who Jesus really is...which made me wonder if I have that same boldness in my life. So the blind man became convinced of Jesus after he was healed, he had a very real personal encounter with Christ. And once this happens, life can never be the same - I too, have had a personal encounter with Jesus, but does my life always show that? Am I constantly aware of His presence and what Jesus has done for me on the cross? Yeah, definitely learning to see God and live for Him in every aspect of life, no matter how small or mundane.

And so yesterday I was walking and what I saw just made me laugh out loud. There were these three chipmunks, and one of them decided it would be a good idea to have a race with me. So off goes this chipmunk, running from tree to tree and just looking me every now and then...he was running at the same speed as I was walking - until he stopped, that is. And so I won, all because he decided to stop and sniff the snow, maybe go exploring for some of those lovely nuts they enjoy so much. Yes, that was my laugh of the day!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

rae, you are my very favorite chipmunk story-teller!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

i agree with you marce. Rae, I love your chipmunk stories, but more than that I love your excitment to search the Word for new revelation. You inspire me to read my Bible to find new things that I've never thought of before, in the stories that I've read so often! have a super week!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home