Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Home on the Range!

So I just found out that the words to the song, "Home on the Range" are different from what I imagined in my head...
Oh, give me a home
Where the buffalo roam
Where the deer and the antelope play'
Where seldom is heard
A discouraging word,
And the sky is not cloudy all day.
Yeah I thought the words were:
Home, home on the range,
Where the deer and antelope grange!
Anyway, I used to sing that song while I was jumping on our trampoline in the backyard - ok away from the memories, I'm home! Today was my last exam, which was Anatomy (I found out yesterday while my roommate was studying for business that I am so glad I'm not in business, made me realize how glad I was to be in Anatomy...) So yes, today was definitely a happy day, and I got to play piano again, and eat pizza for my celebration supper, thank you Jesus for giving me the strength to get through all this.
I was reading in Hosea 6 today and yesterday, very cool book. Oh my goodness, I can't believe that God asked Hosea to marry a prostitute, and he did - that is so huge, radical obedience. I want that - radical obedience, that I would for real be willing to do whatever God asked of me, no matter where or what - so easy to write, I know, but I really do want to be able to obey Jesus every second of every day, even if it means piping up in a conversation with someone and telling them about Jesus and His love for them, yeah especially then. So anyway, remember to see the beauty of now, to live in the present and wherever you are, to be all there. Jesus was. Something I definitely to learn more and more everyday - yup, the adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home