Thursday, November 25, 2004

Witnessing

Well yesterday I went to Bible study in the evening and we were talking about evangelism, and how you can either be bold or pushy. Some might think that by just walking up to a random stranger and talking to them about God is being pushy since there was no relationship developed first.

But then again, it totally depends on the person who is witnessing and the person who is being talked to...some people are already searching and have heard of Jesus, and some people witnessing have the gift of evangelism whereas others are gifted at talking to people and walking with them through life, showing Jesus through their lifestyle - which is i guess where relationship with Jesus should always be lived out.

And then we were talking about how Jesus did it - and he used both methods of evangelism, except that he had the advantage of knowing everyone's heart. So with the woman at the well and with Zacchaeus (or however you spell that name), Jesus didn't develop a relationship with them first, but other times he did...and he always started the conversation with a question.

Anyway, definitely made me realize that I need to rely only on God and on His power and not my strength at all, because I don't know the hearts of the people I talk to, whereas the Holy Spirit does and He can prompt me to say certain things that correspond with that person's life. Relying on my own strength and words to say sure would not get me very far - I ask for wisdom and discernment Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home