Friday, November 12, 2004

Confrontations

Today I learned about being confrontational. It's not something that is on my list of favorite things to do, but I also learned that being honest with people is far better than just tolerating something that I know is wrong. I mean, Jesus was certainly confrontational when he overturned the money changers tables in the temple. He didn't care what people thought about him, didn't give in to peer pressure or to the cultural and societal norms of the time. Even how Jesus talked to the Samaratan woman at the well was totally going against the culture of the time since He was a Jew and a male, and she was a Samaratan and a female - two people that definitely did not hang out at the time.

Anyway, I was also reminded to hang onto the dreams that Jesus has given me, to ask myself everyday, "What have I done today that I believe in and that I am proud of?" Not proud in the way that I'm getting full of myself, but something that I can point to and say yes, that was good, a place in my life where I have grown or surrendered over to God. I was also reading in My Utmost for His Highest this morning, and he was talking about how instead of looking at every experience and saying, "What did I learn through this," instead realizing that God brings us through experiences to make us something, to develop our character. May my character be ever more fashioned after yours Jesus, make me your disciple - a disciple of the unashamed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home