Thursday, November 11, 2004

Gospel Wednesdays!

Cheer for the end of midterms! Yeah, they are finally done - for the next four weeks anyway! But whatever, I don't have to worry about the future, instead learn to live so that I am all there in the present. Isn't that what Jesus did? Wherever He was, He was all there, no half-hearted committment or listening with only one ear to someone - such a hard thing to do sometimes.

So now there is this evangelism day through Campus Crusade for Christ at the University of Manitoba called 'Gospel Wednesdays.' Every hour people meet in front of Answers, and then pair up and walk around the campus and just talk to people about spiritual issues and ask their opinions about what they believe and who they think Jesus is. I did this for the first time yesterday and wow was is ever amazing! It totally makes my faith come alive and when I have to answer people's questions it makes me realize what I truly believe. I think that's what life is all about - building relationships...with God and then other people, introducing them to the relationship that they can have with Jesus if they choose.

Anyway, I found this verse in Mark 9:23 which is so neat, there is this father in the crowd who has a demon-possessed son and he asks Jesus to heal him if He can. And Jesus says, "What do you mean, 'If I can'?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if a person believes." Such a simple concept - anything is possible if a person believes - but yet so hard to live out and to not doubt. Faith like a child...

All right I must go and read all about nursing now, but peace to all of you who read this, may you truly feel the presence of Jesus in your life if you know Him, and if you don't know Him, I pray that He would be made real to you in your everyday life as well.

Run to meet Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home