Sunday, October 17, 2004

Raisens and early mornings

Well my roommate and I just finished making and eating some delicious oatmeal raisen cookies - actually, she wouldn't say they were that good since raisens aren't high on her list of favorite foods. For me, however, I totally enjoy baking super late at night, or early in the morning for that matter, like 2:30am...whatever works! Do any of you stay up late baking - it's my relaxer!

I am finally starting to realize how much I have been learning since I started University, even if I don't get into nursing next year, everything that I have already learned will have been worth it. The boxes that used to contain my thoughts about controversial topics and what the global world is have been burst open and now I am starting to see things in a different way, I guess this whole thing of learning how to think critically - I haven't really done much of that during my life. Yeah life is definitely a journey and I'm so glad that we're not expected to know everything all at once, that learning is a life-long process. And it's not even learning that's the main deal, it's the experience that goes along with it. A person can experience something so much more fully if they know something about it first, ex. you can experience and appreciate something found in a museum so much more if you know the story behind it.

Anyway, if any of you are taking women's studies - wow what a course to open up my thinking and understanding of the world as it really it. I guess I have grown up kind of sheltered in Winkler, for those of you who don't know about Winkler, it's a traditional Mennonite city that doesn't allow alcohol or dancing...which doesn't really matter that much I guess, all depends on who you are and what you want out of life. So keep it real and remember, don't despise the flowers because they are common.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home