Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Joy*Life

Oh my goodness! I just love Gospel Wednesdays...before I went sharing I was super tired, but after talking with Jen (staff with Campus Crusade for Christ) and this one girl who was really searching spiritually, I felt so energized and filled with joy. This is what has been missing from my life, like I know in church the pastor or whoever would always say that I should witness to my friends, and I did more with actions than with words I guess...the words part always kind of scared me.

Even last year when I was at Master's Commission and we would do street evangelism, I would always prefer to build a relationship first and then bring the conversation around to God and what they believe - but now I have been shown another way. That's the thing I think, I had never been shown how to do this, like to observe someone else sharing their faith, just always told that I should do it. And wow is it ever addicting, I'm realizing that it's actually not that hard to go up to someone and ask them what they believe and what their opinions are about spiritual issues.

Last Monday Jen and I met these two international students, one had just become a Christian through Gospel Wednesdays last week, and on Monday, Jen and I were sharing about Jesus with her roommate - and she also became a Christian - praise the Lord! It was so awesome, and now we get to do follow-up stuff and discipling with them, so exciting! So yeah, I remember these people at my church sharing about their mission trip, and they were saying that the one thing that had been missing from their life was sharing their faith - now I realize that was also true for me too...and so I'm definitely learning.

Learning that it's not me at all, all through God's grace, I am nothing without Him...and learning not to rely on my own strength and my own words, but only His, letting the Holy Spirit guide my words because sometimes the questions people ask are pretty crazy! Thank you Jesus for your gift and you life that now lives on in us - may I be your hands and feet today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home