Friday, November 26, 2004

Walks in the Park

Yeah, I finally went walking again today, it's been about a week since I have actually walked in my park...I was going to study anatomy as I was walking, but then the trees and the river started distracting me, and so talking to God became much more interesting than anatomy!

Anyway, as I was walking I was thinking about why God created us in the first place, like human beings in general. And then I realized yeah, He wanted relationship with people, not to be alone...isn't that kind of like us? I don't like being alone, like alone permanently, and since we are created in the image of God and in His likeness, then we also possess some of His characteristics. And so that would make sense that we don't like being alone, and neither does God, we were created for relationship - that's why church and fellowship is so important huh? I have definitely realized how amazing fellowship can be, I go to Church of the Rock right now...and I have definitely learned about fellowship there.

Church is what makes me want to stay in the city on the weekends, it's so challenging too, to bring God and my relationship with Jesus into my everyday life. Not just to walk and talk with God, but that it flows from my life into the lives of others - not living in isolation I guess. One thing I read in Oswald Chambers stood out to me today, "the greatest need we have is not to do things, but to believe things." Hmm yeah, believing in what Jesus has already done for me on the cross by taking away my sin and actually living in His grace, by His strength alone and nothing of me (John 3:30).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks rae!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home