Saturday, December 04, 2004

Veggie Burgers!

So Jen bought me a veggie burger yesterday for $2, it was a fundraiser for graduate students - and it was so good. Wow, I never imagined that I would like it so much, it had so much flavor and yup, very yummy!

Yesterday I also had to play my trumpet in the worship band at Campus Crusade's Alive at Five...which was so scary since I had not played in about 2 years! We had our Christmas party afterwards, and went caroling around the neighborhood. Some people had very interesting reactions and shut their doors and turned off their lights when they heard us caroling in front of their house - I had never had that experience before; but some people also totally loved listening to us, so it was worth it.

After our caroling expreience, we made gingerbread houses out of graham wafers instead of actual gingerbread, lots of icing and candy - oh so much fun! Did you know that if you take a Hershey's kiss and make a hole in the bottom of it, then you can stick another Hershey's kiss into it and therefore create your very own chocolate tree?! It is also possible to stick a straight piece of candy-cane into a Hershey's kiss and make one of those signs that says North Pole on it! Yes, I do enjoy decorating things!

I was reading in Exodus 4 today, and Moses is so funny! God tells him to go and talk to Pharoah and gives him these supernatural abilities and signs by which the people will know that he really is from God, and then Moses insists on God getting his brother Aaron to speak for him because he doesn't believe that God can give him the words.

And then God says, "Who makes mouths?" the Lord asked him. "Who makes people so they can speak or not speak, hear or not hear, see or not see? Is it not I, the Lord?" (Exodus 4:11) This verse totally reminded me that God will give me the words to speak when I'm telling others about Him and that I don't need to worry, because after all, He is the one who created me and made my mouth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home