Tuesday, November 30, 2004

It's Snowing!

I discovered something new about myself - I actually really like the snow! It was snowing as I walked home today, and wow did it ever make me smile, even though it was slightly chilly. To me, the snow is like the sun, it gives me energy, makes me smile and points my thoughts to God. Some people get seasonal depression when the sun isn't there, but now the snow has become my sun so I don't need to get depressed - not that I would anyway, but yeah.

This weekend was so much fun, filled with only a little bit of homework and lots of people. I learned how to drive standard again, and I actually drove on a real road - oh how exciting! Then I went to my two Chinese friend's house for supper, and oh my goodness, so yummy with chopsticks! We had ground beef and egg plant, shrimp, tofu, boiled cabbage and green pepper with pork...and for dessert there was mashed potatoes with strawberry jam on top - sounds really gross but was actually super good! We all had bowls of rice with chopsticks, and then we all ate out of the same plates of food in the center of the table - so fun!

Anyway, on Sunday I went to Church of the Rock, and then went skating for the first time this summer - and I discovered the Skate Patrol! There are actually jobs for people who want to skate a whole bunch and patrol the ice, making sure everyone skates in the same direction and that no one gets hurt - sign me up, that's for sure!

As I was walking in my icy park again this morning, I was thinking about how if I just keep my eyes focused on Jesus, then I probably won't be as likely to give into temptation. It's once I take my eyes off of Him that I become focused on my sinful nature and then it's so easy to give in and sin...so yeah, that's what I need to do, obey what Jesus is asking me to do and be renewed daily, for the old life and nature has gone, and the new has come, but I have to choose to live in it. Hmmm, definitely a life-long thing I'm thinking, but with God, anything is possible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home