Sunday, December 12, 2004

Times at Home

Ok so I have been home in Winkler now for about four days, and I have not done nearly as much studying as I wanted to - but I'm having so much fun! Let's take a moment to recount all of the events I have been apart of shall we? (wow that was one weird sentence!) Anyway, I baked granola and cookies, went to an Alcoholics Anonymous banquet with my friend, danced for the first time in my life with a boy (it was the two-step to this really old-time country twangy band!), went to Holland, MB, for the first time in my life, was my sister's sponsor for her baptism, which meant that I had to stand up in the front of the church and talk. Then I went walking in the bitter cold and got asked by a boy if I needed a ride, and I had to try and explain to him that I was putting myself through the torture of chilliness because the only way I can study for Anatomy is by walking outside!

That's about all that I have done at home so far - oh yeah, and our cat named Moses got sick, we think he ate some poison, and he didn't eat for four days or drink any water, so I had to pretend to be the nurse and I gave him some through an eyedropper, and then I prayed for him, and we also took him to the vet, and now he's getting better! Thank you Jesus!

So yeah today I would recommend to anyone to read Exodus 8:1-15, just made me think about the things in my life that are trials, things that make me uncomfortable, things that I ask God to take away - and then when he does I harden my heart again and forget what life was like with those things in my life, kind of like I get desentized to the Holy Spirit, which I so do not want...please soften my heart more and more Jesus.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

rae, you are wonderful. you bless me with your silly sentences and stories :) and your insight from the Holy Spirit! your words are a blessing and a bright spot in my days!
i love you!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home