Thursday, January 13, 2005

To Joanna's house we go!

So bright and early tomorrow morning I will pile into a car filled with six of us girls and we will be off to Assiniboia, Saskatchewan - to go to Joanna's wedding. Oh I am so excited to see her again, I can't believe that I haven't seen her in about a year and a half...honestly, she is one of the last people that I expected to not see in the years after I graduated - but oh well, God has a way of changing our plans and bringing us to places that we never before dreamed we'd go before, all if we let Him of course, and totally and completely surrender ourselves to Him - oh such a hard thing to do though. The thing that is so weird is that I actually know the guy that Joanna is getting married to - I went to school with him when I was in elementary school...so I actually know him. Once again, that is weird.

Anyway, I'm learning that it definitely requires grace to be there for people at all hours of the night, to talk to them when I feel like I have so much homework to do...to look at them through Jesus's eyes when I just want to get annoyed because looking at my situation from a completely human standpoint, I really do not have time to talk to them. But yeah, learning to live in the kingdom and not the world, like that verse in Philippians 2:4, 'Don't think only about your own affairs, but be interested in others, too, and what they are doing.'

Ok so the weather outside is frightful, but the fire inside is delightful - are those even the words? I have no idea...but I do enjoy being outside when I'm walking with the wind and not against it - that much I know. So much easier to live when I start going along with God is asking me to do, and not putting up such a fight...surrender, yes, good word - now to live it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home