Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Face to Face

So today as I was walking around the park and just thinking, once again, about Britt...I started wondering what it's like up there in heaven - I bet she's having a blast! And then I started wondering what the point of life here on earth is (a question that I keep coming back to when emotional events like this happen that make me question what my purpose is, events that make me realize what life is all about in the first place). My answer led me back to God, as it always does. For He is the reason I am on this earth right now at this time during history and that reason is to know Him and be in relationship with Him...to learn how to love as He does and to tell others about this awesome love relationship that they can have with Jesus. And He reminded me that right now Britt, Jordan and Jamie do know Him, they know Him so much more intimately now than they ever have before in their lives - they know Him face to face! Wow that's an awesome thought. And one day I too, will know Him face to face...

Oh Jesus I pray that through this many people would come to know you and even if they do already know you, that this situation would cause them to question the frailty of life and to really make you their first love. I pray that you would draw people to yourself through this and that your name would be glorified in everything that happens - may we be able to celebrate their lives and to cherish the lives of those still around us. Jesus would you lead us in the way everlasting.

1 Corinthians 13:12
Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

wow what a thought! they are face to face with God! there is such peace in knowing that they are being cared for in the presence of the Creator! At the same time, we the world keeps spinning, seemingly unaware that we who have been left behind will never be the same. God, may Your hand be evident in this tragedy.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home