Thursday, February 03, 2005

Just to Be

So today I was walking around in my park and I actually walked around for one whole round without doing any studying! I had just come from my Native Studies exam and I had all this information in my head and I was not in the propler mood for studying...so I got to walk and talk with God - it was so good! And then He was reminding me that I do not do this often enough, like just walk and be with Him, yup, just to be. That's something that I sure had to learn again today, just to be His child and to stop my brain from always studying, to relax in Him. Such a good place to be.

Onto my funny story of the day...so there we all were in our Native studies class waiting for our exam to start, when all of a sudden over the speakers comes this voice talking all about anatomy and the nervous system; dendrites and axons and cell bodies - oh how I do enjoy that stuff! And so he just doesn't stop, and we're supposed to be writing our exam in silence! It was so funny, but my prof finally figured out how to turn his voice off, we still have no idea where he was really coming from.

And then today in the park there was this man with a cigar walking his big brown dog, and he asks me if I am birdwatching! Oh did that make me laugh, so I'm like nope, I'm just studying. Then there was this other guy walking a little dog and he asked me how I walked everyday without tripping over my feet...because he said whenever he sees me I'm always reading! So once again, I explained how I study best when I'm walking! Yeah, reminded me once again of how people notice my life and my actions even when I'm not aware of it. So thank you so much Jesus for parks and that I have legs so that I can walk - and yes, thank you too that I can go to University, I'm actually learning so much! Have a great day and remember to say hello to all those chipmunks you meet today - or people!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY! I WROTE YOU A B-DAY GREETING ON MY BLOG! Love you!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home