Monday, April 04, 2005

My park has flooded!

So my park is now under water - I was walking up the bikepath and was about to go down the hill when I realized that there is now a river flowing over my path and yikes, that is some muddy water! Then I had to get creative and make my own paths all over these hills where the dogs are allowed to run without their leashes on...oh to be a dog and not care if my feet (or paws) are getting wet from the soggy ground...but thank you Jesus that I can still walk through half of the park, it's not all flooded. It's kind of crazy, because without my park I really do not know how I would study at all...and today there were many chipmunks who decided they should scold me, just in case I might think about stealing all of their peanuts!

And yes, I've been reading in Romans 6-8 lately and there's this little sequence thing that formed in my head...so the law no longer holds me in its power because I died to its power when I died with Christ on the cross (Rom.7:4). But then I find out that sin took advantage of this law and aroused all kinds of forbidden desires within me...and if there were no law, sin would not have that power (Rom.7:8). So then I realize that the law is good, but the trouble is with me, since I am sold into slavery with sin as my master. No matter which way I turn, I can't make myself do right. I want to, but I can't (Rom.7:18). But then I realize that there is no condemnation for me if I belong to Christ Jesus, for the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed me through Christ Jesus from the power of sin that leads to death (Rom 8:1-2)! And so I have no obligation whatsoever to do what my sinful nature urges me to do, for if I keep following it, I will perish; but if through the power of the Holy Spirit I turn from my sinful nature and its evil deeds, I will live (Rom. 8:12-13)! That is so exciting - thank you so much Jesus that I can live in your freedom!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen! isnt' it cool how God has provided the craziest ways for him to be in relationship with us? who else could have thought up that plan??

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and i'm so sorry about your park! but i must admit that i love water, and sometimes it even makes me happy to watch the water spray up when the bus hits puddles :)

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hay you poo head. who is marica?
your awesome I love listening to you talk, i can't help it but laugh and i don't know why. That's cool to know that your reading the bible and stopping to think about what your reading. Gods a crazy guy, He made eagles witch has nothing to do with what your saying.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Rae* said...

Chris, you should learn how to spell my name the right way if you're going to pretend to be me!! And yeah, Marcia is my friend from high school...

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home