Saturday, November 19, 2005

Letters on Hearts

So I sure have not written here in a very long time - life has a way of going to fast for me sometimes, right now it feels like my life is flying by in front of me and I can't seem to catch up, where has all the time gone - it seems like school just started a while ago and yet it seems like I have already been here forever. I guess I just don't want to miss out on this time in my life by being too busy with all my homework - although it seems like that's exactly what is happening. When I get to the end of my nursing years, will it all have been worth it, will I actually be where I want to be?

The challenge for me right now is to keep Jesus in the center of my life even when I feel so crazy busy with all my homework - and then it feels like I have no time for Him. But when I realize that I'm doing all this for Him in the first place, it takes all the pressure off me to succeed and then I can rest in the fact that He is looking out for me and He will prepare the way before me, I just need to walk in the path he has placed before me and to take the opportunities He gives me everyday to love people with His love.

I read Oswald Chambers, "My Utmost for His Hightest," and he always talks about how the real life of Jesus is lived out in everyday life when it seems mundane, and not always just in the times of inspiration when you feel all on fire and passionate about God - although those are good times too - but my life and relationship with Jesus needs to be evident even in the times when I don't feel like I'm impacting anyone for Jesus or in the times when all I seem to do is homework and I'm just longing to do ministry and missions - but I need to realize that as Matthew 25:31-46 says, when I love the least of these, I love Him...when I take the time to actually listen to someone because they are depressed or just need to talk, I am listening to Him, when I care for someone in the hospital even though they're really smelly or something, I am caring for Him. Hmmm, yeah that's good, I need to learn how to see Jesus in everyone, maybe that's how I'll get through nursing, live every moment with the awareness that Jesus is right there beside me to give me the strength and courage to keep on going - look to Him, for He alone is worthy.

I was also reading in 2 Corinthians 3:1-6, where Paul talks about how some people need to bring letters of recommendation with them, but that Paul's letter of recommendation is seen in the lives of the people he has told about Jesus, not a letter written with pen on paper, but a letter written on human hearts with the Spirit of the living God. So neat! May your hearts be a letter that the Holy Spirit is continually writing on as you are changed to be more like Jesus everyday!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome stuff rae :) i love oswald chambers...and i miss you!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

great thoughts Rae! I know what you mean about the questioning thing...Is it really worth it? and Is this REALLY what I want?...or rather, what God wants for me. Hang in there! Love you lots!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi beautiful! i miss you so much ear. ha ha! I do. i'd love to go for coffee or ice cream with you at christmas when everyone's home again. i think a lot of people are in the same position you are, love. i know i go through the same thing day to day too. you'll be in my heart and prayers always. love!

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Ufa webcam Fitness center closings in michigan Proactiv+store+vancouver Milton high school girls basketball proactiv Awesome car alarms http://www.vonagevoip4.info/voipsipprovider.html Asthma & allergy phisicians inc Conference calling toll-free and business communication Color vs clarity diamonds 1998 mitsubishi 3000gt specs In what countrywas golf invented buy+fioricet+generic What is neurontin taken for http://www.blowjob-videos-7.info/Desperate-outdoor-peeing.html Bmw motercycles American family fitness vestal ny

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! kia sorento Modified alfa romeo Auto alarm silicon ultimate Cream dispenser ice machine soft home based business How well does valtrex work 256mb mp3 nike player Getting a consumer loan in easton maryland Baseball lessons visalia ca coleman camping stoves Arizona amado cherry bookcase sketch Fitness new york times inkjet refills Rhinoplasty in md digital projectors Vw type 25 1984 roof rack mercedes c36 amg Pharmacy acyclovir

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home