Saturday, November 26, 2005

Learning

Allright, so this was such a good week compared to last week...wow - clinical was so good and now I decided that I really actually like nursing, and changing dressings and giving meds - yeah when I feel like I know a little bit of what I am doing, then it is a good thing. So crazy though, how quickly emotions can change, and how much I base what I feel on my circumstances instead of on what Jesus says about me and my situation, which is eternal and never changes - I guess that's why our relationship with God is based on faith instead of feelings huh?! Yes, may we live by believing even though we have not seen Him, for He is faithful and will not give us more than we can bear - hmmm, learning how to rely on His strength and not my own, yeah I tend to think I can do many things on my own strength - like control my life and do nursing, but really all I have learned is that I am nothing without Him and that life just really does not go well if I don't make Jesus a part of it.

I went to 725 at Springs tonight for the first time in my life, and was reminded that to become passionate about Jesus and living a life that is not slumbering spiritually I need to get so much more into the Word - like actually reading more than a few verses before I go to sleep (which is sometimes what I tend to do late at night) and yeah, I've noticed that the more I read my Bible, the more I realize that I need it; but if I don't read it very often, I often don't even really miss it that much...oh how I need You Jesus in every area of my life, to keep talking to you throughout my day and to know Your voice and Your Presence daily - would you give me the eyes to see the opportunities you give me everyday - to love those who no one else loves and to actually put You first in my life.