Thursday, February 09, 2006

Surrender

So interesting times have been happening in my life recently - I sure have been learning how to trust in God and totally just surrender my entire life to Him....surrendering definitely means that I have less to worry and think about because hey, it's not my life after all! And I' ve been realizing that everything I have in my life is on loan to me by God, for instance, I've been talking lately with some people in my class who are from cultures where if someone compliments you on your shirt, they will offer to give their shirt to you just because you like it; the same culture where they say my house is your house.

Anyway, I have been so challenged by the thought that the clothes and all the material possessions I have, even my family, is all given to me by God, and I can use these things like clothes and possessions in my life, but I have to be willing to give them up to God at any time He has need of them. Take my clothes for example, how often do I think of giving my clothes to someone when they tell me that they like my new shirt? Yup sure not very much a part of the mindset that I have grown up with, but maybe it could become like that, for after all, that seems more closely related to the kind of teaching Jesus taught when it comes to giving to people...but yikes, my lab is starting pretty soon - intramuscular injections here I come!

3 Comments:

Blogger Insert Name Here said...

Hey Rae! Sorry I missed your birthday by 2 days! I thought of you on your birthday, but I didn't get a chance to call! Anyways, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Love ya lots!! Crystal

9:31 AM  
Blogger jupo said...

hmmmmm, surrender. and having less to worry about because it's not really mine anyways. that's awesome.

but that's something that i have not been learning as of lately, although i'd sure love to be. you know how it is, with school and the worries and the stress...

maybe we could talk about this sometime.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! nevada state incorporation 03 gmc truck accessories microsoft networking essentials training http://www.lifeinsurancecompanyaposlifeinsurancecompan.info with topamax weight loss can you get headaches on the drug topamax Leukopenia and topamax New york water beds manufacturers

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home