Saturday, September 02, 2006

Drumming?!

So apparently I now know a little bit about how to drum, which I love so much! When I was at Rock Lake last week, I got to work with Eva (like Jakob and Eva) and that was so much fun...we did praise and worship together, so she would play piano and sing, and I would sing along with her. At first I totally didn't think that I knew how to sing harmony or anything, but then Eva started teaching me some stuff and then I would pray and ask God to help me with the harmony stuff, and then I would sometimes hear harmonies in my head and then I could sing harmony with her!

It was a lot of fun, I want to learn so much more...and then one day we realized that we didn't have a drummer anymore, so then I'm like ok, I'll try to drum because I took it in band during grades 5-8, except that our school didn't have an actual drum set, so I would just play the snare and bass drum separtely. Anyway, I knew the basic beat on the drum set, so I just started playing it and making stuff up, and it went ok, thank you Jesus! It was so much fun, I discovered that I really enjoy playing the drums a lot...so now Marvin and I are going to go looking for drum sets that aren't too expensive...so if any of you know of a used drum set for sale, just let me know!

And so this last week I have been organizing all of my Africa pictures and writing on the backs of them all, a very long process! But now it's all finished, and so next week it's off to school and homework, yikes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home