Thursday, August 17, 2006

Rock Lake

Wow the summer sure feels like it has flown by to me...not quite that excited for school and homework yet, well I could probably be excited to start learning interesting stuff about the body and how to give intravenous needles, but homework - nah! So anyway, this has been one summer where I sure have learned a little bit more about trusting God. First I had to trust that He would provide all the money I needed to go to Africa, and then I had to trust that I would have a job for the summer where I would only be working for two months. So I thought I had a job at the group home for special needs adults, where I have also worked for the past two summers. Then I come home from Africa and find out that actually I wouldn't be getting as many hours at the group home as I thought I would be getting.

So then my sister tells me that she just got a job at a factory that makes heart monitoring electrodes for in the hospital and that I should apply there too. So I did, and then next day I had an interview (this was all about two days after arriving home from Africa) and then I started working at this factory and also at the group home at the same time. So I was like, wow, I'm actually going to be making some money for school this summer, and then this past Monday my factory job calls me and tells me that tomorrow, which is Friday, is going to be my last day at work because they have to lay off all of their summer students (there's only three of us) because they have to do cost reductions and save money...

So then I'm like oh dear, what am I going to do now? Because I had already told the group home they could take me off their schedule and so I had no hours there...and then I found out that Rock Lake was having youth week this next week and they needed a recreation director, so I'm going to go there for the week and make up games for the youth to play, and one of my friends is going to go with me! I'm so excited! And my boyfriend, Marvin, is also going to take the week off work to come and be a counsellor because they didn't have any guy counsellors, so that will be so much fun, and my brother is going to be a camper there and yeah, I love Rock Lake so much!

It's kind of funny, because on the day that I got laid off, I had been thinking all about Rock Lake and how much I had enjoyed being staff there and then on that day I find out that I can actually go there after all, God sure does work in unexpected ways, I never would have guessed that in order to go to camp I would first have to get laid off from my job! But still God is good and keeps teaching me in ways that I would never expect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home